By enrolling into the ARCH Courses offered by ARCH, the Applicant acknowledges and agrees to the Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- Enrollment in ARCH Courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine Applicant’s suitability to enroll in lessons. ARCH reserves the right to refuse the admission of any Applicant who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for courses and/or may impact the learning of other Applicant’s at the center.
- ARCH reserves the right to discontinue an Applicant’s enrollment at any time due to non-payment of the Course Fees, disruptive behavior in class or at the center, or negative impact on other Applicants’ learning.
- Enrollment will be on a first come first served basis. ARCH reserves the right to release Applicant’s enrollment /class placement if Course Fees are not received in full by the indicated due date.
- ARCH reserves the right to change the class instructor for ARCH Courses as deemed appropriate or necessary. ARCH is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- All Course Fees must be paid in advance of the Applicant attending ARCH Courses. ARCH reserves the right to prevent an Applicant attending class if Course Fees have not been paid.
- ARCH reserves the right to apply late fees for any late payments of Course Fees as follows:
5% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after one month of due date
10% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after three months of due date
15% penalty charge will apply on outstanding fees after six months of due date
- An Early Bird Discount is applicable to specified ARCH Courses. Course Fees must be received in full on or before the specified Early Bird Discount due date to receive the discount.
- All Course Fees are non-refundable once the Applicant has been sent the Confirmation Enrollment Email, with exceptions of the circumstances listed under Refund Policy.
Specifically only in relation to Term Courses (excluding Enrichment Courses):
- Course Fees must be paid on a monthly basis.
- Course Fees for the first month, must be paid within one week of ARCH sending the Confirmation Enrollment Email.
- After the first month, Course Fees must be paid no later than the commencement of the Applicant’s first class of the month.
Specifically only in relation to Holiday Courses and Enrichment Courses:
- Course Fees must be paid in full before the commencement of the Holiday Course or Enrichment Course.
- Course fees must be paid within one week of ARCH sending the Confirmation Enrollment Email.
Make-up Class Arrangements:
Specifically, only in relation to Term Courses:
- The Applicant’s must notify ARCH by e-mail before the start of the class if the Applicant will be absent.
- The Applicant must notify ARCH of the absence at least one week in advance of the class, unless the Applicant can provide a Doctor’s certificate.
- ARCH will not accommodate a make-up class request for notification given on the day or after the scheduled class, without a Doctor’s certificate.
- The Applicant has a maximum of three make-up classes per a Term Course. Any additional make-up classes will only be offered at the complete discretion of ARCH.
- Missed classes / make-up classes are non-refundable and non-transferable between Applicants or ARCH Courses.
- It is the Applicant’s responsibility to contact ARCH to schedule a make-up class.
- ARCH will provide alternative class dates and times to the Applicant on request, but does not guarantee the available timeslots will fit the Applicant’s schedule.
- The Applicant will only be able to join a make-up class in the same week and at the same level of the missed class.
- Make-up classes cannot be carried forward to another week.
- No refund or additional make-up classes will be offered if an Applicant is unable to attend any scheduled / proposed make-up classes.
- Materials from the missed class will be distributed to the Applicant if the Applicant is unable to attend other make-up class(es).
Specifically, only in relation to Holiday courses:
- ARCH does not offer any make-up classes or refunds for missed classes for any Holiday Course.
- An Applicant must provide ARCH with at least one month’s prior notice in writing (email, fax or letter) if the Applicant wants to withdraw from any ARCH Courses.
- Without proper notification, ARCH will not accept the Applicant’s withdrawal from the ARCH Course and the Applicant must pay for the following month’s Course Fees.
- In the case of ARCH closure prior to the commencement of an ARCH Course, we will refund in full the outstanding Course Fee to the Applicant immediately.
- There is no refund for ARCH Courses confirmed by ARCH. However, in the event that:
- a confirmed ARCH Course needs to be canceled by ARCH; or
- an ARCH Course which has commenced ceases to continue, and the Applicant declines the revised arrangements offered by ARCH
ARCH will refund in full or on a pro-rata basis the Course Fee collected as soon as possible and in any event no later than one month after the notification date of the ARCH Course cancellation.
- We will inform the Applicant of refund arrangements in writing (e-mail, fax or letter).
- We will refund Course Fee to the Applicant in accordance to the Refund Policy.
- We will issue a refund receipt to the Applicant and the Applicant is required to sign to acknowledge receipt of the refunded payment.
- Refunds will be paid in the form of cheque payment only.
The Applicant agrees:
- not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by ARCH without the prior written consent of ARCH;
- not to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed/contracted by ARCH, without prior consent of ARCH;
- that they are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for the Applicant to and from ARCH premises. ARCH does not require Applicant’s to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises;
- to abide by the ARCH Code of Conduct;
- check emails regularly for notifications from ARCH;
- to attend all classes of their enrolled ARCH Courses in order to gain the most benefit from the ARCH Courses.
Adverse Weather Conditions Policy:
- Classes will not be held when there is Typhoon 8 or Black Rain. There will be no make-up class, rescheduling or refund for cancelled classes due to weather.
- Classes will be held if the weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered two hours before the scheduled start time of the class.
- ARCH shall not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, delay, costs or compensation, whether direct, indirect or consequential, which may be suffered or incurred by the Applicant arising from or in anyway connected with the ARCH Courses.
- ARCH shall not be held responsible for personal injuries, accidents, losses and damages incurred by the Applicant while at the ARCH premises or any other place where the ARCH Courses are being held.
- ARCH reserves the right to use the Applicant’s work for promotional or educational purposes, without prior consent.
- Photographs and videos may be taken occasionally during the class time. Applicants and participants agree to be photographed or taped. ARCH reserves all rights to images and footages, without prior consent.
- ARCH reserves all rights and interests in any intellectual property arising as a result of any class, ARCH Course or other tuition provided or any purpose associated with ARCH.
- This legal notice shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (Hong Kong SAR)
- Disputes arising in conjunction with this legal notice shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong SAR courts.
- If any part of these conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any respect such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not prejudice the effect of the rest of these Terms and Conditions to the extent that they are valid, legal and enforceable.
In these Terms and Conditions:
“Applicant” means any student and their legal guardian, which agrees to engage ARCH and participate in any of the ARCH Courses.
“Application Form” means the form used to apply for ARCH Courses.
“ARCH” means ARCH Education Center (Central), EDB registration number: 603120 and its related companies and subsidiaries.
“ARCH Courses” means any Term Course, Holiday Course or other services as required by the Applicant offered by ARCH.
“Code of Conduct” means the agreement between ARCH and the Applicant regarding the behavior of the Applicant while attending the ARCH Courses.
“Confirmation Enrollment Email” means the email sent by ARCH to the Applicant confirming the Applicant’s enrollment in the requested ARCH Courses.
“Course Fees” means the amount due by the Applicant for participation in the ARCH Courses.
“Early Bird Discount” means a 5% deduction off Course Fees applicable only to select ARCH Courses (as specified in the Application Form).
“Enrichment Course” means Socrates, Debating, Public Speaking and Mock Trial courses offered by ARCH.
“Holiday Course” means any short form educational course, which is delivered outside of the regular Term Course period.
“Term Course” means any educational course and Enrichment Course (unless specifically excluded) offered from January to May (Spring term) and September to December (Fall term), where there is one class per week.
“Socrates, Debating, Public Speaking and Mock Trial” means specialized courses offered by ARCH from time to time, as outlined in the current course programs, available on the ARCH website.